Are you looking for a conscientious, hands-on sensitivity reader? I might be what you’re looking for.
I can provide sensitivity reads on the following topics:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Asperger’s Syndrome
- Seizure disorders (e.g. epilepsy, non epileptic attack disorder, vasovagal syncope)
- Ehler’s Danlos Syndrome
- Non binary gender identity
- Avoiding cisnormative language
As standard, I provide the following to all clients:
- Written report about the manuscript with a focus on the sensitivity read, including suggestions of what to include or develop
- Annotated word document to highlight areas mentioned in report
- Skype/Facetime calls to discuss the work
- Contract with NDA
In addition, I can also work with authors closely to develop their characters or ideas further. I am also happy to provide wider manuscript suggestions on request, though broader editorial assistance may require a higher fee.
I’m happy to work on all areas of fiction, including YA and children’s fiction.
I’m a competent and involved editor who will give both constructive criticism and positivity!
If you are interested in finding out more, please drop me an email at hux AT sewmanybooks DOT com with some information about yourself, your project and your turnaround time. Costing will be determined on a per project basis, depending on length, deadline and editorial requirements.